Monday, October 22, 2012

Crocheted Baby Blanket

Recently my friend's sister had a baby.  I have known my friend and her family for about 16 years so I almost feel like she is my sister too.  I am crocheting a baby blanket for her as a surprise and I am really excited about it.  I started out with this pink skein of really soft yarn but then I ran out.  I thought it would be big enough to do the whole blanket but it definitely is not!  I have another skein of the same yarn in purple so I will probably continue on in that.  Here is my progress so far.   





I'll be sure to post photos when I am all done!  It's not fancy but I wanted the stitches to be somewhat tight so it would be extra warm.  I basically started with a single crochet, the next row is a half double crochet, the next row is a double crochet and the last row is a triple crochet.  I have just been repeating that pattern over and over.  I'm pleased with how it is turning out and it's perfect timing since we are heading into winter here in upstate New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment